Please refer to the Fedora documentation for complete documentation on installing and using Fedora on your computer, server or IoT project. The “Fedora quick docs” are short summaries and how-tos. Commonly used ones are listed here. Please look at the docs page for more:
- Installing Skype
- Installing Java (OpenJDK or Oracle Java)
- Installing required packages to play movies and music
- Howto Resolve Issues For VMworkstation and VMplayer on Any Kernel and Version
- How Can I Exclude Selected Packages When I Run Dnf Update Command
- Howto cannot open access to console the root account is locked in emergency mode dracut emergency shell
Note that if you upgrade during the beta period, you will be upgraded to the beta release. If you do this (or if you install the beta from scratch), normal updates will transition you into the final release. There is a small chance that manual intervention might be required, but that hasn’t been the case in the recent past.
- rtl8188ee, rtl8192c, rtl8192ce, rtl8192cu, rtl8192de, rtl8192ee, rtl8192se, rtl8723ae, rtl8723be, rtl8723com, rtl8821ae, rtl8822be, rtl8723de is on the extend Branch, which is the recommended one.
Note: This post is a wiki — anyone at at least “Basic” site trust level can edit it. Feel free to add important common common issues. If you’re not sure, or if you’re a brand-new user but have an important suggestion, feel free to discuss in the replies to this topic. Replies will be automatically deleted after a month, which should be long enough for the community to decide what to do with them.