Kernel 6.0.18 works fine.

Hardware:
HP Notebook - 14-bs012la
RAM: 4GB
CPU: Intel Core i3-6006U
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 520

2 Likes

Is this the same as

https://discussion.fedoraproject.org/t/fedora-37-after-kernel-6-1-5-6-1-6-update-boot-freezes/76323

?

2 Likes

I have problems with 6.* kernels on Fedora 37 it freezes all the time and not usable. I am using fedora on macbook air 2011, it was hanging even with live usb with FC37, weird problems, with wifi drivers (installed from rpmfusion, broadcom-wl) it hangs on connect to wifi network… I can connect using cable but it takes a few tries to boot the system. Could anyone please advise on how it could be fixed?

yeah, the difference is that I don’t have the disk encrypted and I don’t use NVIDIA.

Experiencing same problem, long hangs when using the system on 6.1.5, booting is fine.

ThinkPad t14 g2i
32gb ram
i5 1145g7 cpu
Intel iris xe

i have the same issue on an hp bs0xx series laptop where the laptop will get stuck on boot on 6.1.5 and 6.1.6 kernels and it appears to be caused by the something to do with the wifi card “rtl8723de” power saving. The temporary workaround i found was to disable NetworkManager.service and NetworkManager-dispatcher.service and it allowed me to boot with kernel 6.1.5 and 6.1.6 and i then start the services manually when i am logged in on every boot.

Just installed 6.1.8-200 and it seems to work again. At least in my case.

1 Like