I have issues installing apps on fedora (lenovo thinkpad L430) PLZ HELP!

i’ve had the same issue with fedora kde spin and fedora gnome i can’t install from the terminal or direct download this is not a install issue as i reinstalled fedora MULTIPLE TIMES and i still have the same issue i even tried fedora silverblue and it doesn’t work PLEASE HELP

Which commands did you run and can you post error messages you got from running them?

3 Likes

We’d like to help you, but we can’t very easily from what you’ve told us so far.

1. Can you please explain exactly what you are trying to install?
    • Which apps in specific?
    • Are they apps that come from the Fedora Project’s software sources, or somewhere else?
  2. What did you try?
    • What exact steps did you take?
    • At the terminal, what exact commands did you run?
  3. What did you expect to happen?
  4. What actually happened?
    • please include any error messages or other output directly, because we might not be able to guess from a description.
2 Likes

no i mean all apps don’t install i can’t even install from rpmfusion or from vlc’s official site
i was using rpmfusion (discover software center doesn’t work either)
2.what did you try?
did this in the terminal

dnf install https://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-$(rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm`
dnf install https://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-$(rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm
dnf install vlc

the thing that happened is that it was stuck at the install screen and was staying there for a long time i was being really patient. other rhel based distros would have completed by then (the weird thing is that opensuse runs completely fine just not fedora)
(btw i haven’t touched the distro in a few months its off my partition)

btw i dont have this issue with tar gz files

At which of the three commands did it get stuck? What was on the screen at that point?

i forgot since its been along time since i last touched fedora 33 on my thinkpad