See the official launch checklist. I am the blocker for some of these, particularly the legal check. But it’d be really helpful if other people could start writing some of the other things we need. I think particularly:
This should land at: Untitled :: Fedora Docs
This ticket Issue #101: Convert the Communicating and Getting Help Wiki page - council-docs - Pagure.io covers some background. Basically, the whole existing wiki page should be re-written to focus (in order, I think) on:
- Ask Fedora
- Fedora Chat
- Fedora Discussion
followed by “other important communication channels” (again I suggest in this order):
- Mailing Lists
- Pagure tickets
- Other community channels (twitter, telegram, discord, fedora forum, reddit, etc.)
Possibly all on one page, possibly broken up into two
- I think this is a Fedora Magazine Article
- With a short (two-paragraph?) text announcement giving the bare minimum and then a link to the Magazine article.
The work here is basically tracking down everywhere we reference IRC (and especially if it’s freenode) and doing one of
- Just update to point to Fedora Chat when it’s an area in which you feel comfortable doing that
- Ask the relevant team what they want to do
- File pull-requests against docs with the new urls.
- Just delete the reference if the docs are obsolete and are pointing to what is currently not an active group.
Note: How to link to a Fedora Chat matrix room is useful information here.
Lots of people signed up for this SIG. Raise your hand and coordinate the above things in this thread, please!