Fedora live mode

I’ve been trying to figure out how to create a “live-mode” for some time now, something similar to what’s available on Whonix/KS. I’ve been trying to figure out how to do this with dracut-live, however I’ve found it to be a difficult task tracking down relevant documentation. Is this even the correct utility/module to be doing this? It is particularly useful to me to know how to do achieve this goal with a Kickstart if possible.

Can you describe live-mode in more detail? I am not sure what you are trying to do.

I’ll link the Kicksecure doc on the feature in case my explanation is ambiguous or insufficient: Live Mode for Kicksecure. Basically, I want to be able to switch between different modes in the Grub menu, one mode is just the normal boot option, persistence and everything. The Live Mode entry should be able to mount the disk as ro so I can experiment and do whatever I want without fear of breaking something, since all changes would be in RAM. I just don’t understand much about Grub or how this Live Mode works so I couldn’t recreate the functionality when I tried.