Can we have rustdesk in fedora default repo

1 Like

they already have .rpm but havibg it in default repo is good.

I don’t see a reason it couldn’t be added. It just needs a volunteer to do the work.

2 Likes

they already provide a rpm

It has to be rebuild in fedora build system with proper spec file and under fedora packaging rule we can’t just add that RPM directly into it. Everything in fedora has to be compile from source and need to be consistent.

Also I suggest you to contact fedora rust sig people they can help you better in this one since this is heavily rust based software.

2 Likes

can you suggest me where to contact.

Here is their link and infos : SIGs/Rust - Fedora Project Wiki

That would help you out. Also here is their matrix channel

1 Like

i can give the instruction of build and clone that repo do i need o do any thing else or i have to build that my self??

You need a to create a package in Fedora (I don’t know how), add.spec file there so that it knows how to build (I don’t know where). I also don’t know if you can use rustdesk/rpm.spec at master · rustdesk/rustdesk · GitHub If you need to copy it, or can use it directly from upstream repo.

I can take a look at the project later and check how much work is required to package it for fedora.

On the first look, packaging rustdesk does not seem to be an easy task. From my point of view, the following points need to be resolved first:

• Bundle dependencies
  • Outdated dependencies
  • git dependencies in some crates (which is a problem because during build time there is no active network connection)
  • Outdated documentation

They have rustdesk/rustdesk · Discussions · GitHub