Continuing the discussion from It's time to update the main Fedora website!
From that thread:
- Discuss with Council (and everyone here!), refine this.
- Take to Mindshare, Design, and Websites and Apps Teams.
- Get someone from the new Program Management Team to help organize and coordinate this.
- Organize stakeholder meetings.
- Follow rough schedule above.
We’re basically at #3 here, and I’m happy to say that @pawelzelawski has agreed to run this as a project. We had a great conversation yesterday, and we’re ready for some initial stakeholder meetings. I’d like to do a kickoff session with interested people from basically all of the groups, and then Paweł will organize smaller, targeted stakeholder meetings and … I don’t know actually after that — this is why we have expert program management team people organizing, not me.
But for the initial thing, let’s try to get one person from:
- Workstation desktop - Fedora Mailing-Lists
- Server server - Fedora Mailing-Lists
- IoT IoT - Fedora Mailing-Lists
- CoreOS CoreOS - Fedora Mailing-Lists
- Cloud cloud - Fedora Mailing-Lists
- KDE kde - Fedora Mailing-Lists
- Xfce xfce - Fedora Mailing-Lists
- Other Desktop Spins (Cinnamon, Mate/Compiz, etc.) spins - Fedora Mailing-Lists
- ARM arm - Fedora Mailing-Lists
- Other Architectures ?
- Docs Team docs - Fedora Mailing-Lists
- Ambassadors ? (Not sure where this is in the revamp TBH)
- Mindshare Mindshare - Fedora Mailing-Lists
- Join Fedora fedora-join - Fedora Mailing-Lists
- Design Team design-team - Fedora Mailing-Lists
- Websites & Apps Team Websites & Apps - Fedora Discussion (🠔 this forum, not a mailing list)
- Infrastructure infrastructure - Fedora Mailing-Lists
I’ve put the mailing list or other contact info for each group by that group. Because it’s such a long list, it seems like it’d be ideal to have just one person from each as the initial representative. Or maybe one big meeting is a terrible idea. Paweł, how do you want to handle the next steps?