For fedora 41 kindly provide more wallpapers as this is hard for us to set new wallpaper which have dark and light variant simultaneously having more number of wallpapers can lead to better experience for the users and I don’t know why not provide more wallpapers I find in the number of wallpaper is very less and this is hard for us to get more wallpapers into the display section because I find this is actually hard.
Thanks.
use dnf search wallpaper
Dnf does not work in silver blue
I am talking about having some more walpaper by default
If you have something that you want changed please follow the changes process.
If you have an issue with how to add wallpapers to gnome please file a bug.
It is fairly easy to locate fedora wallpaper packages or the archive of wallpapers.
Adding more packages is not a good process on atomic desktops.
Wallpapers can be installed as images, but the special light/dark ones need some metadata or packaging (KDE works differently here).
So adding more wallpapers could totally be useful.
Though, Fedora always adds a single one, now with light and dark variant. All the rest is vanilla, which I guess is one of Fedoras “purist” philosophy points.
So adding them in GNOME, KDE etc will be the correct approach
Adding more packages is not a good process on atomic desktops.
I thought that was the whole point of layering packages?
Users wants to get some good wallpaper which is the easiest way to do customisation but if you say they need to layer a package on top of silverblue. That is not a point they could simple switch to arch than. Most users don’t know how to do this we need to make it in a state so terminal requirement could be reduced.
I recommend having more walpapers will make it better.
AFAIK you can install them from gnome-software?
I am asking for increase of the no of wallpaper provide default.
Gnome have a lot of wallpapers that is not available in fedora.
I dont know that. Can you show me how
Searching through gnome-software they are not listed there, looking at one of the packages Overview - rpms/gnome-backgrounds - src.fedoraproject.org there doesn’t appear to be any appdata/metadata associated with the package.
Which puts you doing: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :: Fedora Docs
to find additional packages.
most of them can be found with dnf search background wallpaper There are a lot of them.
You would then have have to rpm-ostree install package-name
I installed gnome-backgrounds-extra and it provided a few more wallpapers.
If you’re wanting additional backgrounds outside of what’s already included in Fedora I would suggest you package them either officially or in a COPR.
If you’d like extra background packages included in one of the
variants I suggest filing a bug against the appropriate one or a change request.
Thanks
You can always use rpm-ostree! budgie-backgrounds and plasma-workspace-wallpapers provide some nice wallpapers. There’s also the ricing subreddit, I forget what it’s called but there are usually some good wallpapers to find there.