Fedora 37 + Nvidia (Proprietary drivers): ACPI Errors, black screen at boot

Good day.

I’ve built a mini-ITX (Part List - Intel Core i5-12400, GeForce RTX 3070 Ti, Phanteks EVOLV SHIFT XT Mini ITX Desktop - PCPartPicker) recently.

• Windows 10 and Fedora 37 (encrypted) are installed on the SSD

• Secure boot is enabled

I followed this guide (Automatically sign NVidia Kernel module in Fedora 36 - Monosoul's Dev Blog) to install proprietary Nvidia drivers. Everything seems to be working fine but I have three minor issues:

1. After selecting Fedora 37 in the GRUB menu and booting it, I see only a black screen. I can still type in my password and continue booting, but I have to do it “blindly”.

2. When running DMESG to check for any errors, warnings or anything out of ordinary, I see these entries:

• 49.065478] ACPI BIOS Error (bug): Failure creating named object [_SB.PC00.PEG1.PEGP._DSM.USRG], AE_ALREADY_EXISTS (20220331/dsfield-184)

• [49.065486] ACPI Error: AE_ALREADY_EXISTS, CreateBufferField failure (20220331/dswload2-477)

There are about 90 lines with these errors, it only happens when booting through the black screen

1. If Wayland is enabled video playback is extremely choppy. I have to use x11.

If I enable Nouveau Nvidia drivers then I don’t have the black screen and ACPI errors during booting.

Is there anything I can do to get rid of these errors and the black screen or should I just ignore them ?

Regards.

The black screen seems to be related to kernels 6.1.5 & 6.1.6 and it seems may be fixed when 6.1.7 is released.

I don’t know about the acpi errors. That may already be reported as a bug or maybe not. Check at bugzilla.redhat.com to see.

I’ve installed Kernel 6.1.7 from testing but the issue is still there.