Docs meeting agenda: 2022-05-25

Here’s the agenda for the meeting 2022-05-25T18:30:00Z. Two issues are tagged for the meeting.

• Announcements
  • Previous action items
    • @pbokoc to finally add a relnotes guide to the contributor docs
    • [DONE] @pboy to draft a content plan office hours blog post
    • @bcotton to share post on cloud, devel, desktop, iot, kde, mindshare, server mailing lists
    • [DONE] @bcotton to share the “some repos are moving” content
    • [DONE] @pboy to draft a proposal for an updated team page that lists current contributors and ongoing projects
    • @bcotton to propose new text for the Mindshare box on the docs home page
  • Content plan office hours
  • GitLab migration
  • Docs revitalization
  • Open floor

If you have anything else to add to the agenda, please reply to this thread!

1 Like

It is not time critical and could be postponed to later meetings, but maybe this could be tackled as well in the coming weeks:

If someone has the privileges to get all the content of the /pdf/ folders, which seem to already exist (see my post here), we might make an index comparison to verify the completeness, and then we could get rid of the old / obsolete Docs (which seems to be a goal for long if I got @pboy 's post right).

I can contribute. If we don’t know for sure if the PDF’s are complete, I can do comparison & verification over the coming time. But as Wednesday evening is a bad time for me, I don’t know yet if I can join the meeting tomorrow.

@augenauf fyi

This is a great move. We talked about breaking up content when we moved to AsciiDoc but never followed up on it! I hope to be around tomorrow to get back into the swing of things.

1 Like

thanks for the invitation @py0xc3. Unfortunately, I am not available for today’s meeting.

This is a great discovery. At any rate, I didn’t know it, and apparently neither did any of the previous discussants.

If you know the filename, it is obviously possible to access the PDF. It should be easy to get at least a directory listing from infra.

Thanks for the offering. We can “action you” nevertheless :slight_smile:

Probably we should include py0xc3’s finding the pdfs of the old documentation and his offer on it as a topic.

Minutes and full logs are available on Meetbot.

Highlights

• Welcome @likeanushkaa, our Outreachy intern. Thanks to all of the other Outreachy applicants. We’d love to see you around the Fedora Project.
  • We won’t worry about setting up repo mirroring for now
  • We think the best approach to the old docs is to drop them from the web server and point people to the fedora-docs-web repo which has builds of historical content.

Action items

• @pbokoc to finally add a relnotes guide to the contributor docs
  • @bcotton to propose new text for the Mindshare box on the docs home page
  • @bcotton to share office hours post on cloud, devel, desktop, iot, kde, mindshare, server mailing lists
3 Likes

Thankyou for the warm welcome, everyone! I missed the meeting due to poor network connection yesterday, but I hope to see everyone around!:smile::vulcan_salute:

@likeanushkaa, welcome again and I am looking forward to a beneficial and enriching cooperation in the docs team.

1 Like

I got tagged during the meeting but was busy, but I just want to add that mirroring into pagure is actually trivially easy — when creating a new repo, there is a “mirror from URL” field, and if you put the gitlab repo there, it’ll just happen.

(I don’t think existing repos can be converted to mirrors – I don’t think there’s a way to do that in the UI. But it wouldn’t hurt to set up a new “docs-gitlab-mirror” namespace or something anyway.)

It was less about the effort involved in setting it up and more about the confusion it would cause. The things we’d actually care about that don’t already exist in, e.g. the build server’s checked out copy: issues, PRs, etc, wouldn’t get mirrored anyway.