Can't Boot into new SSD - Silverblue

I transfered my Silverblue from a old HDD to a SSD but after putting my password it gives me these errors:

“[FAILED] Failed to start Authorization Manager [FAILED] Failed to start System Security Services Daemon [FAILED] Failed to start Early OOM Daemon” How can I fixed and what’s happening? I’m using btrfs and LUKS, btw.

Hi @ir90xa To get it clear. Did you do a new install and move content?

Did you do anything else after you imaged it? I’m not an expert, but I imagine you have to do some manual work like changing the UUIDs in /etc/fstab to match your new drive.

I think if you can get your /home restored onto the new install, that will get you 99% of the way back. There are probably a few configs in /etc that you might want to restore as well, if you can remember which ones you manually changed in the old install.

Of course, you’ll need to remember which packages you overlaid as well.

• Boot the installer using any available means.
  • Proceed to the installer’s main screen, making sensible choices, and enter the Installation Destination screen.
  • In Installation Destination, click Custom under Storage Configuration
  • Under New mount points will use the following partitioning scheme , select Btrfs (otherwise you’ll not be able to create a new subvolume for / mountpoint later due to some poor UI decisions (bugzilla)).
  • Locate the previous Fedora installation, click on it to reveal existing mount points for reuse
  • If present, select /boot/efi or BIOS Boot mount point; then on the right hand side at the top, find Mount Point field, type in /boot/efi , click Update Settings button.
  • Select /boot mount point; then on the right hand side at the top, find Mount Point field, type in /boot , check the Reformat box, click Update Settings button.
  • Select /home mount point; then on the right hand side at the top, find Mount Point field, type in /home , click Update Settings button.
  • Click + button to create a new / mount point (NOTE: this is required to be a new subvolume. Reformat will be checked, cannot be unchecked, but the underlying Btrfs is not reformatted. Click Update Settings button.
  • Note: If you don’t delete the previous installation’s root subvolume, the installer creates a new subvolume root00 mounted at / . If you delete the previous install’s root subvolume first, the installer will reuse root as the name for the new subvolume. Both approaches are valid, you can use whichever approach you choose. Other than consuming space, there is no disadvantage to keeping the old root . It can be deleted post-install.
1 Like

you could.

@ankursinha or @alciregi I would like to delete or deactivate my account.

@ir90xa please open a new topic in the #site-feedback category so that an admin can take a look.

PS: please do not delete posts. Discourse lets us anonymise posts instead. This topic now cannot really be followed at all. :confused:

1 Like