What is the "< >" key?

I am looking at the KDE keyboard settings trying to figure out what the default compose key is and one of the options for setting the compose key is the “< >” key. What is this key or key combo? Or I am guessing some non-US keyboards have the “<” and “>” on the same key?

(I have a 101-key keyboard with no Windows/meta key.)

Are they just using the angle brackets to provide some contrast to a space character? (I cannot imagine using the space bar as a compose key though. So I guess that is unlikely.)

Answer: AZERTY and QUERTZ keyboards have the “<” and “>” characters on the same key.