Based on the video meeting for the Fedora Council today, I thought it would be a good idea make this thread to have a place to brainstorm ideas and hash out what we would like promotion to look like as we get closer to the official launch in April(?)
We have posted the video to the Mastodon account to get things started. @nikodunk I think had another idea of reaching out for feedback or maybe bug reporting of the staging site. We can have creativity with what aspects of the revamp we highlight, but a good chunk of that will have to come from the Websites and Apps Team feeding us content.
What are some ideas I can think of right now?
- Posting before and after pictures of the home page
- Sharing the thought process behind different decisions that were made
- Talking about the long-term view that went into development such that future pages could be developed in a way that still looks cohesive
- Breaking down the tech stack itself
- Commenting on accessibility considerations and asking for feedback on that area specifically
Lots of these ideas can work as CommBlog or Magazine posts (which would require volunteers), but they could also work as engaging social media posts on their own.
The most recent example I can think of for “social media coverage” that we’ve done is for the Creative Freedom Summit (join here) which I think has seen positive results. Obviously there are different topics, but maybe that can show the variety we can pursue in promoting this.
Anyway, as we have ideas and get closer to launch day, we’ll start peeling off some to publish. We do that, build up hype alongside F38, and I think it’ll be cool.
Please share ideas and thoughts!