VPN config panel password field inactive

Hello

I’ve had this problem since probably F35, now continuing on F37.

I have an OpenVPN connection with a paswordless certificate. Gnome since forever has been asking for a password anyway when “password is not required” is set , but that is not the main problem here.

On the VPN Identity page there’s the certificate password input field that has the icon on the right with various password options (store of this user, store for all users, etc.). I now have it set to “password is not required”. I can change this to “ask for password every time”, but I can’t change it to either of the two options that stores a password.

I click on the option, the icon in the input field changes, but the field remains inactive so no password can be entered and the change cannot be saved (inactive apply button in the top right of the window).

Is this an actual bug? Or maybe something is wrong with my config?

Thanks for any input.

Welcome to ask.fedora @damarrin

Does the common issue below have something to do with your problem?

https://discussion.fedoraproject.org/t/cant-configure-ssh-vpn-in-gnome-settings/62948

I believe that’s really a bug. Can you please report it to GNOME and provide a link here? Thanks.

Nope, all the input fields are there, it’s just that the password one can’t be written into.

All right, will do.

You may wish to ask your question by posting it in OpenVPN’s mailing list. All questions relating to OpenVPN are answered by experienced users AND sometimes by its developers themselves. In fact one of the developers of OpenVPN is actually a contributor and maintainer of OpenVPN package for Fedora.

Hmmm, do you think openvpn somehow controls the behaviour or Gnome’s dialog boxes?

As I mentioned in my post above yours, please post your question in OpenVPN’s mailing list. The maintainer of the OpenVPN package for Fedora answers questions in the mailing list from time to time. May I suggest that you mention his name in your post. If there are bugs in Fedora 37’s GNOME, he would know or you could let him know so that he could issue suitable patches.

Alright, that makes sense.