Telegram loop trapped rpm-fusion : telegram-desktop

hi my telegram trapped on loop and my cpu usage go to 100% for exit in the telegram i must kill them by kill command
repo = rpm fusion
pkg = telegram-desktop
fedora 36

1 Like

You can install telegram from flathub

1 Like

i don’t like snap and flatpak.

1 Like

Hi @rashedheydari2001 , welcome to the community. Please take a minute to go through the introductory posts in the #start-here category if you’ve not had a chance yet.

You can file a bug with RPM Fusion so they can look into it. (Although, I think they just bundle the binary provided by Telegram, so they can’t really make any code fixes here—but if it’s just a packaging issue, they’ll be able to help).

bugzilla.rpmfusion.org

In the meantime, you’ll need to use Telegram from elsewhere—the Flatpak is the safest way because it is sandboxed.

2 Likes

thanks

Adding to th @ankursinha
there is nothing wrong with flatpak or snap packaging formats because if you look flatpak just contain the other important binary and dependency in a containerize just like android flatpak and snap is better for system stability and privacy. Due to the nature of the apps designed to be in a sandboxed state it makes it better. And due to storage space is cheap this days flatpak and snaps arr highly recommended.