I’m having the same issues here on F34 also.
Here are the issues when @andreasn and I each tried it, in combinations of Flatpak and native, for both Firefox and Chrome, in Google Meet and BlueJeans:
- Firefox doesn’t share the screen
- Firefox “Select window or screen” is preselected, and doesn’t work
- One must choose “Use operating system settings”
- Telling Firefox to remember it, says it cannot remember
- GNOME shows that the screen is being shared (red icon in the top-right on the primary screen), but there’s no other indication that the screen is being shared… because it probably isn’t.
- Chrome shares a black screen
Non-Flatpak, Fedora package:
- Firefox works
- Chrome has… issues, but eventually works
- it has to be accepted several times:
- in-window Meet selection
- in portal
- Chrome has a selection confirmation w/ thumbnail
- then the portal selector pops up again
- In BlueJeans, Chrome skips everything but 3, but the screen is black (everything else in BlueJeans is the same as Google Meet, detailed above)
I think there are problems across all the software involved and everything probably needs fixes: Both browsers (especially upstream in Flatpaks), Flatpak, the screen sharing portal, and possibly PipeWire in some cases.
Some of the issues above prevent screen sharing from working altogether. Some are just really weird UI issues.
Edit: @andreasn filed an issue in the Silverblue repo @ Screensharing in Firefox flatpak stopped working after update to Fedora Silverblue 34 · Issue #159 · fedora-silverblue/issue-tracker · GitHub