Repeating Same Update Also Touchpad Completely Gone

So I logged in today to my laptop

Operating System: Fedora Linux 35
KDE Plasma Version: 5.24.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.91.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.17.4-200.fc35.x86_64 (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: Wayland
Processors: 8 × 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz
Memory: 15.4 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: Mesa Intel® Xe Graphics

and after a week of not logging in expected some updates. I updated as normal then logged back in and notheer update popped up. Under more information it looks like

glibc-all-langpacks: 2.34.39.fc35 → 2.34.30.fc35

and seven more structured the same:

glibc-common: 2.34.39.fc35 → 2.34.30.fc35
glibc-devel: 2.34.39.fc35 → 2.34.30.fc35
glibc-gconv-extra: 2.34.39.fc35 → 2.34.30.fc35
glibc-headers-x86: 2.34.39.fc35 → 2.34.30.fc35
glibc-langpack-en: 2.34.39.fc35 → 2.34.30.fc35
glibc: 2.34.39.fc35 → 2.34.30.fc35,
and lastly,
libsnl: 2.34.39.fc35 → 2.34.30.fc35

I udate and then restart and the same updates are still here. I’ve never ran into this and am not sure how to resolve it. Also After my first update which didnt repeat itself I lost my touchpad recognition. Meaning under settings when i go to input devices then touchpad, it says no touchpad found.

Any help appreciated this is my first post and im new too linux but have used the command line for some basic installs of repositories and other things so i dont mind using it to resolve this issues as im assumng will be necessary. Thanks fedora gang.

Welcome to ask :fedora:

You did not say how you did the update. Was it from the cli using dnf or was it with the gui using gnome-software?

It seems there is often some lag in those different tools seeing the updates already completed.
To make sure gnome software metadata is updated you can use sudo pkcon refresh force and to make sure the dnf repo metadata is up to date use sudo dnf update --refresh

The list of packages you posted seems to indicate from the arrow directions that it is attempting to downgrade those packages. Is that correct or did you make an error in the directions of the arrows?

The touchpad should be available after a reboot and all the updated software is active. If not then it could be a driver update failed and a bug report may be needed.

You appear to be running kde & wayland while I use gnome & xorg so things are likely different in that respect.

The arrows are pointing the right direction. I didn’t use my terminal for the updates just the pre installed software where in the bottom right corner it alerts you about updates and then it fetches them and you click update then restart the laptop. I’ll try those commands and see if they go away. I’m not sure why its wanting me to revert those packages at all. The touchpad worked until the first update that I did which didn’t try to repeat itself. Is there a sudo command to make the system recognize the touchpad that I can use?

Thanks! those commands worked for both issues. the GUi was Discover btw. Much appreciated!