KeepassXC Fedora Flatpak does not work on F38

Just installed F38 Silverblue and noticed KeepassXC takes a long time to install and doesn’t run in the end. I had to switch from the Fedora to Flathub repo for KeepassXC application to get it working.
The Fedora versions depends/requires Fedoraproject Platform f37 (888Mb) and I got the following error when running it through CLI :

[ user@hostname ] # flatpak run  org.keepassxc.KeePassXC  
qt.qpa.xcb: could not connect to display 
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Flatpak install information :

ID                                   Branch          Op          Remote          Download
 1. [✓] org.fedoraproject.Platform           f37             i           fedora          888,7 Mo / 888,7 Mo
 2. [✓] org.keepassxc.KeePassXC              stable          i           fedora           15,2 Mo / 15,2 Mo

So for those using F38 & requiring KeepassXC, use the Flathub repo for the time being.

1 Like

This seems to be reported here:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2175674

I also see this:

Workaround:
$ flatpak run --env=QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland org.keepassxc.KeePassXC
QSocketNotifier: Can only be used with threads started with QThread
qt.qpa.wayland: Wayland does not support QWindow::requestActivate()
qt.qpa.wayland: Wayland does not support QWindow::requestActivate()

Thanks @ankursinha for your comment.
The bug is bug is for internal development processes so I can’t get access.
Nice that it is already known, worked-on and a workaround available.

The reporter has just marked it private for some reason—it shouldn’t be because I don’t see any personal information there. I’ve pointed that out in the bug too. let’s hope it’s fixed soon.