Kallepm/tuxedo-keyboard

Description

Github repo

Installation Instructions

1. dnf copr enable kallepm/tuxedo-keyboard
  2. dnf install tuxedo-keyboard

Active Releases

The following unofficial repositories are provided as-is by owner of this project. Contact the owner directly for bugs or issues (IE: not bugzilla).

* Total number of packages downloaded in the last seven days.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/kallepm/tuxedo-keyboard/

Thanks for providing these tuxedo packages! Will they be automatically updated if there are new releases of tuxedo-keyboard and tuxedo-control-center available? In the master branch of tuxedo-keyboard some bug with the config file has been fixed and I was wondering if and how this will be reflected in this copr package.

Thank you so much for this! I tried building TCC myself but I’m not well-versed and so I failed to build it. I really appreciate this!

i ran into a problem while install tuxedo-keyboard.

Building for 5.17.5-300.fc36.x86_64
Module build for kernel 5.17.5-300.fc36.x86_64 was skipped since the
kernel headers for this kernel does not seem to be installed.
Check tccd running status
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.b2KFHX: line 21: fg: no job control

But I installed the packages kernel-devel and kernel-headers.

Do I miss anything?

just needed to restart my machine. everything good

Hi i am using Fedora Linux 36 (Workstation Edition) on TUXEDO TUXEDO InfinityBook S 15 Gen6
after reboot does not work.
when reinstall if works. (sudo dnf reinstall tuxedo-keyboard)
after reboot does not work
any idea?

It stopped working since kernel 6 it seems (it works just after an install, but doesn’t persist a reboot)

Part of the install, I am seeing

tuxedo_keyboard.ko.xz:
Running module version sanity check.
 - Original module
   - No original module exists within this kernel
 - Installation
   - Installing to /lib/modules/6.0.11-300.fc37.x86_64/extra/

then

Uninstall of tuxedo-keyboard module (version 3.1.1-1) beginning:
Module tuxedo-keyboard-3.1.1 for kernel 6.0.11-300.fc37.x86_64 (x86_64).
Before uninstall, this module version was ACTIVE on this kernel.

tuxedo_keyboard.ko.xz:
 - Uninstallation
   - Deleting from: /lib/modules/6.0.11-300.fc37.x86_64/extra/
 - Original module
   - No original module was found for this module on this kernel.
   - Use the dkms install command to reinstall any previous module version.

So there is an install, then a removal but for the same kernel version

Removing the package then reinstalling it resolves the issue

Well, dnf reinstall tuxedo-keyboard solves the issue until the next reboot :confused:
And yes, the error is obviously the clean-up logic, that deletes the modules it just installed.

You are right, but I was not clear of I solved the issue. I did a dnf remove, then a dnf install and here the clean up logic was fine (so it survives the reboot)

@vmaurin, you are right. Completely uninstalling tuxedo-keyboard (which also removes tuxedo-control-center) and then installing both again makes the modules stay (and available after a reboot). I will have to see how it is after a kernel upgrade.

doesn’t do anything on “kernels/6.1.8-603.inttf.fc37.x86_64”

tuxedo-keyboard worked on F37 but after upgrade to f38 ist stopped working. also after uninstall/install it does not work.

This package worked great for me for many months/years. Since a few week, unfortunately I can’t say it with which version of this packages and or kernel version it started on Fedora 38, it stops working every time Fedora ships a kernel update.

The problem is, that the kernel module doesn’t get build for the new kernel automatically. Something which wasn’t a issue in the past. If I remove the package and install it again, the kernel module for the latest kernel will be build and everything works again.

Hi.
Take a look, for me work!
I’ve installed kallepm/tuxedo-drivers Copr and before change this For those fan control or CPU setting does not work after updating to 1.2.x! · Issue #232 · tuxedocomputers/tuxedo-control-center · GitHub.