Originally published at: Join a December 2023 Fedora Docs workshop! – Fedora Community Blog
Use Linux on the desktop or server? Want to benefit from writing user documentation? There’s no better way to wrap up 2023 than with the Fedora Docs workshop.
Join us on December 7, 2023 from UTC 08:00-09:00 (see local time below). The Fedora Docs team will guide you on how to contribute user documentation, get ahead of technical writing skills and learn Docs tool set.
Jitsi Meeting Link for December 2023
View local times
- 08:00-09:00 in London
- 09:00-10:00 in Berlin
- 10:00-11:00 in Athens
- 11:00-12:00 in Nairobi
- 12:00-13:00 in Abu Dhabi
- 13:30-14:30 in Bengaluru
- 16:00:17:00 in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur
- 17:00-18:00 in Seoul and Tokyo
- 19:00-20:00 in Sydney
We’ll rotate meeting time in 2024 to cater for a diverse set of time zones. The workshop will be recorded and shared on PeerTube, so you can watch it later.
- Best practices in technical documentation from the Fedora Project
- Editorial process and Docs repositories
- Ask the experts
Who will benefit from this interactive workshop?
- You use software run on Linux desktop and/or server to get the job done
- You love to document tools, features, and how-to guides, which require care and maintenance to ensure technical accuracy and conformance to documentation style guide
- You have expertise in web design, UI or UX development can help optimize the graphical and functional appearance of Fedora Quick Docs and curation
- You are interested in Docs tool chain
- You want to gain experience on technical writing
Other awesome documentation tools you’ll learn and use in 2024
GitLab Web IDE, Podman, Git, vale linter