GPG check failed in upgrade from f35 to f36

my

sudo dnf system-upgrade download --releasever=36 --allowerasing

shows at the beginning

Error: Failed to download metadata for repo 'fedora-cisco-openh264': repomd.xml GPG signature verification error: Bad GPG signature

and ends with

Problem opening package kernel-core-6.0.8-200.fc36.x86_64.rpm
The downloaded packages were saved in cache until the next successful transaction.
You can remove cached packages by executing 'dnf clean packages'.
Error: GPG check FAILED

I’ve upgraded to f35 only yesterday and I was willing to move straight to f36…
I don’t understand why this error now, I had nothing like that in yesterday’s upgrade, fwiw

Retried many times and later it has magically worked.
Now I can

sudo dnf system-upgrade reboot

If you did not do this step sudo dnf upgrade --refresh before starting the system-upgrade the documentation suggests that be done first to ensure everything is in sync before starting the system-upgrade.

Obviously I did it.

Thanks for the confirmation. Previous posts did not make that obvious.

I was asking help about GPG signature verification.

The upgrade to f36 went fine, but I’m still having this issue

Fedora 36 openh264 (From Cisco) - x86_64                                                                                                521  B/s | 566  B     00:01    
Fedora 36 openh264 (From Cisco) - x86_64                                                                                                1.6 MB/s | 1.6 kB     00:00    
Fedora 36 openh264 (From Cisco) - x86_64                                                                                                626  B/s | 566  B     00:00    
Error: Failed to download metadata for repo 'fedora-cisco-openh264': repomd.xml GPG signature verification error: Bad GPG signature

Let’s follow up here.