Originally published at: #freetober - Join the latest Art Challenge! – Fedora Community Blog
We welcome you to join #freetober, the latest Art Challenge hosted by the Creative Freedom Summit and Fedora Design Team! If you’ve heard about or participated in #inktober, this is the same thing, but focused on the use of Free Software to create your art and designs. There are 31 prompts, one for each day of October. Check out the prompt list, brush off your tools, and share your creations!
How to Participate
- The Art Challenge will run from October 1st through October 31st. Create art or designs inspired by the corresponding daily prompts using Free Software.
- Use the hashtag #freetober on X (formerly Twitter), Mastodon (Fediverse), Instagram, or TikTok. We also encourage you to use the hashtags #CreativeFreedomChallenge and #CreativeFreedomSummit. The Summit team will be watching these hashtags and reposting as we are able. Optionally, tag the Fedora Design or Fedora accounts on each of these platforms:
- Post to the thread created by this post on Fedora Discussion. This requires a free Fedora account, which you can create using the Fedora Accounts system. At the end of the month, anyone who posts to this thread with a submission will receive a Fedora Badge! (Not sure what Badges are? Check out the Fedora Badges page to learn more.)
All submissions or contributions:
- Must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement. Just because a work is licensed with a Creative Commons license does not mean it is free to use (make sure you provide attribution to artists that license their work with a CC Attribution clause.)
- May post on another artist behalf with the consent and approval of the author or creator.
- Are thereby licensed to the public for reuse under CC BY-SA unless specifically identified as being licensed by another Fedora approved open source license.
- No AI-generated images
- Must not contain brand names or trademarks of any kind
- Must not contain material that is inappropriate, offensive, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous
- No sexually explicit or provocative subject matter
- No images of weapons or violent imagery
- No alcohol, smoking, or drug use imagery
- Must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
- Must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in the jurisdiction where the work is created
- No religious, political, or nationalist imagery (including flags)
Works in Progress and Self promotion:
- Feel free to share a link to your portfolio or designs on your submissions, we are here to get to know each other and share! We request that you please do not spam the hashtags or Discussion thread with excessive self promotion. Any such posts on Discussion will be moderated.
- We encourage you to share “works in progress” or “WIP”. Please limit the number of WIP posts to once a day so that you are not spamming the hashtag or Discussion thread. Replies to feedback with revisions are okay!