Flatpak app startup delay in FC30 Workstation, works fine in FC30 Silverblue

Hi,

I run fully updated FC30 Workstation with multiple desktops (classic, RPM based) and with multiple apps installed via Flatpak. One of these apps have started to behave in an undesired way since several weeks ago. The issue is a startup delay of 30 to 100 seconds. The issue is 100% reproducible, happens upon every start. It does not matter whether I click on app icon or start app from command line using flatpak run. The affected app is org.telegram.desktop. There were more apps with this issue (e.g. com.slack.Slack), but their updates got them fixed.
When running flatpak -v run org.telegram.desktop with KDE desktop it gets stuck at last line:

F: No installations directory in /etc/flatpak/installations.d. Skipping
F: Opening system flatpak installation at path /var/lib/flatpak
F: Opening user flatpak installation at path /home/mirek/.local/share/flatpak
F: Cleaning up unused container id 2899329527
F: Allocated instance id 3141628839
F: Add defaults in dir /org/telegram/desktop/
F: Add locks in dir /org/telegram/desktop/
F: Allowing dri access
F: Allowing wayland access
F: Allowing x11 access
F: Allowing pulseaudio access
F: Pulseaudio user configuration file '/home/mirek/.config/pulse/client.conf': Error opening file /home/mirek/.config/pulse/client.conf: No such file or directory
F: Running 'bwrap --args 37 xdg-dbus-proxy --args=40'
F: Running 'bwrap --args 37 telegram-desktop'

When running with Gnome Desktop, the delay is also present, output to the terminal is the same, but there are additional lines at the end:

Warning: Ignoring XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland on Gnome. Use QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland to run on Wayland anyway.
QIBusPlatformInputContext: invalid portal bus.
Qt: Session management error: None of the authentication protocols specified are supported

I also run FC30 Silverblue (vanilla OStree from Silverblue team) in VM and the same app starts instantly there. Output of flatpak -v run org.telegram.desktop there is the same, just lines at the end do not contain the QIBusPlatformInputContext: invalid portal bus. message.

FC30 Workstation has been upgraded from FC28 through FC29.
FC30 Silverblue has been upgraded from FC29 Silverblue.

Please could you help me to find how to troubleshoot this issue?
I will appreciate any recommendation or reference to any guide/howto.

Regards,
Mirek

You most likely ran into this bug, which was in the KDE desktop portal and is fixed in Plasma 5.15.6 and 5.16. (KDE bug report is here.)

1 Like

Thanks, it works after the most recent update.