Fedora 36 intermittent freezing not associated with any tasks

It isn’t that Wayland is hated, but it isn’t as mature as X11. I personally can’t wait to move to Wayland and leave X11 for good, but it still isn’t there for me.

Also the reason you are being asked to try X11 is to just check if it is a Wayland problem or not. It helps isolating the issue more.

HI
Very weird i do not have a usb hub.
The laptop only has 2 usb ports one used for a mouse.
The only other thing connected is a power cable

It is probaly two internal hubs, and from each of those one of the ports are connected to a socket. The other ports can’t be used. You can use lsusb and see whre the mouse is connected logically. Then if you connect the mouse to the other port you can see if it is connected to the same internal hub or to another internal hub.

1 Like

Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 04f3:24a0 Elan Microelectronics Corp. Touchscreen
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 138a:0091 Validity Sensors, Inc. VFS7552 Touch Fingerprint Sensor
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0cf3:e300 Qualcomm Atheros Communications QCA61x4 Bluetooth 4.0
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 1bcf:2b95 Sunplus Innovation Technology Inc. Integrated_Webcam_HD
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 062a:4102 MosArt Semiconductor Corp. Wireless Mouse
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

1 Like

Still having issues with the freezing!!!
Is there a way to remove or stop Fedora using the Nvidia GPU and go back to the Dell generic one?

have you rolled back to zorin after 11 days of no reply & your problem still looming large.

from my crystal ball : 1 less fedora user

Nope I am not seeing it as much after a recent update

1 Like

Another comment that’s not constructive, and is clearly an attempt at inciting a negative conversation. Please, refrain for this behaviour.

1 Like

Hello Ankur I have no idea what you mean. I posted weeks ago still having issues then I got some random remarks about me rolling back to Zorin which I have never mentioned. Why you attacking me I have never said anything negative! Please explain what I have said that provokes anything.
I only said I was not seeing the issue as much

Hi @osopolar , that comment is a response to 32and64’s comment, not yours (should be marked as a response to their comment in the thread too). Sorry if that wasn’t clear. I’ll edit my post to quote their remark for clarity.

HI
Yes i see it now when it, when it came into my emai i just saw it addressed to me.
I should have come to thread cheers for clearing it up i was really confused.
Have a great weekend

1 Like

Hello,

I had some freezes too.
I desactivated bluetooth and now it’s good.
Give it a try…

1 Like