Facing error while installing cgx_2.19

Dears,

I have downloaded cgx_2.19 following all steps installing it but running make displayed this message:

make
cc -O2 -Wall -Wno-narrowing -I./ -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/GL -I…/…/libSN
L/src -I…/…/glut-3.5/src -I/usr/X11/include -c -o AsplitA.o AsplitA.c
In file included from ./extUtil.h:40,
from AsplitA.c:1:
…/…/glut-3.5/src/GL/glut_cgx.h:11:10: fatal error: GL/glu.h: No such file or
directory
11 | #include <GL/glu.h>
| ^~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.

And yes, there is not that.

Mesa version I have it is mesa-libGLU-devel-9.0.0-17.

How to install that?

Thanks

Looks like you would need to install the mesa dev package.

Yes, I did.

But now error it is:

…/…/glut-3.5/src/glut_input.c:17:10: fatal error: X11/extensions/XInput.h: No
such file or directory
17 | #include <X11/extensions/Xinput.h>

I can’t find out any way installing it.

I have tried it in many ways.

More dependencies required by the looks of it.

For sure but the problem it is that Fedora do not offer any link to update.

Until now I couldn’t reach any link to.

I am asking for this or a way to reach this link.

Ufa! I did.

thank you

Hello @caramba ,
Did you follow these instructions from the quick installation guide? http://www.dhondt.de/cgx_2.19.INSTALL
They list dependencies for both the CGX package and for the OpenGL lib’s required.
So on Workstation, you can do a dnf search <packagename such as dnf search gnuplot for the list of packages the document notes as dependencies, and install the ones you need to get functionality.

Hello,

Yes I got it.

Calculix it is installed, I can load it but it do not open any example displaying that:

cgx -b geometry.fbd
on a Linux machine, nodename localhost.localdomain, release 5.6.13-100.fc30.x86
_64, version #1 SMP Fri May 15 00:36:06 UTC 2020, machine x86_64
The HOME was detected:/home
parameters:3 arguments:2
GL_MAX_EVAL_ORDER:30, mesh threads:1
ERROR in readfbd: The input file “geometry.fbd” could not be opened.

gtol calculated:1.000000e-10

Despite of that the calculix window displays file name under the black rectangle.

I haven’t any idea how to procedure with it.

All dependencies were installed.

Any idea?

I apologize boring you with it.

thanks

According to that you are running fedora 30, which has been out of support for 2 years. It seems likely that installing the current version of cgx may require a newer kernel as well as newer libraries to support that software.

I would suggest that you consider upgrading the fedora version at least to the level needed to support that package.

Good catch, I didn’t notice the version. Yeah @caramba, you’re going to need to upgrade Fedora Linux first.

I concur with cumputersavvy and jakfrost that an OS upgrade is in order, but looking at

cgx -b geometry.fbd
The HOME was detected:/home
ERROR in readfbd: The input file “geometry.fbd” could not be opened.

I wonder if cpx is not finding the file geometry.fbd at the location it expects. Could you try with the full path? If geometry.fbd is in directory /home/caramba, for example, please invoke as cgx -b /home/caramba/geometry.fbd

Hi,

It is 30 version.

Hi,

What version? 33 or 34?

If you are considering updating from fedora 30 to a newer version I would not recommend any version less than fedora 34 and even that one will probably be out of support by May or June.
Thus I always recommend updates to one that has at least 6 months of support remaining, in this case 35.

I would try F33 first then upgrade from there to F35. You may have difficulty making the large-ish jump from 30 to 33, but I have done it across three successfully before, it entirely depends on the nature of the release changes in between though.
So, I would recommend on going to the most stable release which is Fedora Linux 35, simply because you need to get past some rather extensive release changes in between, with more to come in the pipeline. To get there, you will/should even, take small upgrade steps. F30 → F32, then F32 → F34. At F34 you should then be in a good position to make any needed setup changes to accommodate the very likely release change effects. Then finally upgrade to the latest stable release F35. sudo dnf upgrade --releasever <version> is the command. After upgrade, sudo dnf update once booted into newly upgraded. Then repeat process until you are at final desired level, F35.