Docs meeting agenda: 2022-11-23

Here’s the agenda for the meeting 2022-11-23T19:30:00Z in #fedora-meeting-1:

2 Likes

Minutes: Meetbot Logs

Full logs: Meetbot Logs

:wink:

@pboy concerning testing the script on Mac: maybe you can open a new topic and ask for support? Something like “Help requested: test a Docs bash script on Mac” or so. Maybe there are other Fedorians who also have access to a Mac, just to decrease your workload a bit :wink:

1 Like

As we agreed at the end of the meeting, I would even recommend opening a ticket on Gitlab instead :wink:

That definitely makes sense! But because more people watch the discussions here than the gitlab dash, the likelihood to find someone who supports with this task is higher at discussion.fp (even if it is only a one-time support) :wink: So this is not intended to replace a ticket, but something to be next to the ticket :smiley: I have seen that the DEI team has done this sometimes when it was about such tasks. I’m just mentioning this because this task seems to keep postponed ^^ I thought it might take some pressure off @pboy if there is another Mac user around who could help for once or so.

Test run the docs builder script on Mac (#7) · Issues · fedora / Fedora Docs / Templates / Documentation Template · GitLab

Yeah, but for me, at the moment it is the time I need to find where the script and its documentation is stored. It is somewhere buried in the backlog.

1 Like

I can’t comment on the issue there, so I’ll note here:

• Docker/podman have always been a requirement for building the docs. So that’s not new. Perhaps we can tweak the script to say “Docker is required for building docs, please install it”.
  • i see something called fswatch that is meant to do something similar to inotifywatch (not inotifywait, so perhaps a mac user can update the script to use that:

The backup of course is to note that the watcher doesn’t work on macs.