Do flatpaks vs shell see different paths? (eg Pycharm Pro python vs konsole Python)

My pycharm pro only sees python3.11 in /usr/bin/python3 and that works, but I would like to use 3.12, which is apparently also on my machine “somewhere” because
From konsole, I see that my python defaults to 3.12

$ /usr/bin/python3.12 -VV
Python 3.12.2 (main, Feb  7 2024, 00:00:00) [GCC 13.2.1 20231205 (Red Hat 13.2.1-6)]

Edit: apparently this question came up before and it is a matter of “installing” python in the pycharm flatpak.
I suppose it’s a question for the JetBrains people:

• what is the best way to make several python interpreters visible to Pycharm?
  • would it be better to add the interpreter using Docker/Podman instead ?

Flatpaks do not have access to what’s installed on you system by default and use binaries from their Runtime. If you want more versions of Python then you need to look if there is an Flatpak extension for it or tell the application to run things in another container. i don’t know how that works for Pycharm.

The solution may in fact be to [use Docker/Podman for the build config]( IDEA-347372 Configure Podman unix socket with Pycharm-Pro on Fedora SilverBlue.)
It turns out that FlatPak is not officially supported by JetBrains:
(Maybe this is the Universe telling me to go back to Emacs.)

Hi, please note that PyCharm is not officially distributed using flatpak, so we can’t assist with this issue. Please consider installing from one of the official distribution channels: