DEI Team introductions! Say hi and get to know each other

Hi folks! So, we are in the process of moving from our Fedora Project mailing list over here to Discussion. I figured now was a good time for us to do introductions, break some ice, and get to know who is who around the DEI Team. We have some folks who participate in every meeting, some who pass through occasionally, and others who engage in chats and our discussion threads.

So, who is a part of the DEI Team and helping out around the project? Let’s use this chance to get to know each other better and see who is around. You can share a bit about you, your background and interests, and what you do or are interested in doing with the DEI Team. I can start.

My name is Justin (pronouns, he/him). I contribute to Fedora since 2015 and also co-founded the DEI Team in 2016. I have helped with Fedora Women’s Day (before it became Week of Diversity), organizing discussions and panels for Flock, and was the Council Advisor at one point. Howdy! :wave:

2 Likes

Hiya! My name is Marie (she/hers). I started contributing to Fedora in 2013 with a Fedora Badges design internship. I have been participating in the DEI Team since 2018 on and off, and I was able to get more involved in 2020 when I stepped into the Community Action and Impact Coordinator role. I have focused on keeping us connected by managing our meetings and working on our yearly event (Fedora Women’s Day in 2020 & Fedora Week of Diversity in 2021).

5 Likes

Hi my name is Amy Marrich my nick on IRC is spotz. I’m newer to the Fedora community but have been involved in DEI in OpenStack for 6 years, as well as the CHAOSS project and CentOS.

5 Likes

Hello everyone, my name is Camila, my IRC nick is cgranell. I’m new to Fedora, but I’ve been involved with DEI initiatives for a while now. Currently, I’m a mentor in a volunteer project here in Brazil called Mentorellas for women that are starting their journey in the technology industry. I am also an associate manager in Red Hat for the Community Platform Engineering team. Looking forward to work with you all!

4 Likes

Hi everyone, I am Sarah (pronouns she/her/hers) I am on IRC as Kitsu. I am a transgender woman working at Red Hat on the InfoSec team out of Raleigh. I am also on the Pride Leadership at Red Hat helping LGBTQ+ associates.

I am a volunteer for TransTech promoting transgender people following careers in Technology and a mentor on the Finding Ada program.

I am originally from the UK but a US citizen now, I live in Raleigh with my wife and my totally out of control dog who wants me to get off the keyboard now and throw his toy … which apparently is my life now :slight_smile:

Happy to meet everyone and looking forward to contributing.

1 Like

Hi folks :wave:! My name is Jona (she/her). I started contributing to Fedora in 2015 as an Ambassador and building the local Fedora community in Albania. I have been part of the DEI team since the beginning and I have been involved in Fedora Women’s Day, Fedora Week of Diversity and several other projects. For some time I was also the Council DEI Advisor. :smile:

1 Like