Dash to Dock Glitches in full screen and also top bar any idea fedora 36

dash to dock glitches i.e it keps on hiding and re appear if I hover near the dash area and top bar in full screen

Hi @sarik1996 , welcome to the community. Please take a look at the introductory posts in the #start-here category if you’ve not had a chance to do so yet.

Can you please tell us how you installed the dash-to-dock extension? Was it from the gnome extensions website or using the package from the Fedora repositories?

In either case, if this is a bug, it’ll need to be filed so that the developers can fix it. The best place to file it is directly with the extension developers here:

If it is the Fedora package, you should probably try it directly from the gnome extensions website first to see if that fixes your issue.

Here is some general documentation on how to file a bug (on the Fedora bug tracker, but also applies to filing issues on GitHub):

1 Like

Dash to Dock isn’t compatible with Gnome 42. The last supported version was Gnome 41. I guess that’s the problem.

You can use one of these as an alternative:

I’m using Dash to Dock for Cosmic at the moment and after tweaking the settings a bit it works and looks great.

3 Likes

I have the same problem, but it happens only on a workspace that has Firefox open and not minimized. I use the dash to dock extension from the Fedora repositories.