I would like to write a tutorial on how to install ONLYOFFICE Docs and all the dependencies it needs for further integration, on Fedora. This office suite is able to be integrated into a whole variety of sharing services such as Netxcloud (Installing Nextcloud 20 on Fedora Linux with Podman - Fedora Magazine).
My goal is to show several alternative ways of installing an open-source office suite on RPM-based distro. And then describe how to connect ONLYOFFICE and Nextcloud instances to each other via the integration app that enables users to edit and co-edit office documents from Nextcloud using ONLYOFFICE Docs.
In my article, I’ll focus on the following points:
– brief overview of the main features of ONLYOFFICE Docs
– system requirements
– installing online editors on Fedora using RPM package
– installing online editors on Fedora using Docker
– installing online editors on Fedora via Snap
– running ONLYOFFICE Docs
– connecting an online suite to Nextcloud
Please share your thoughts and opinions about this proposal in the comments below. I stay open to your suggestions!