A note on "fedora-discussion-v2.trydiscourse.com" URLs in posts

You may notice some links on this site which go to discussion.fedoraproject.org. This is a glitch; I used that site as a staging area for the big rearrangement I just completed — when posts were copied there, the base URL apparently got re-written to match, but some apparently didn’t get returned to discussion.fedoraproject.org when copied back here.

This will be fixed shortly, but in the meantime, if you see these, that’s what’s going on. Sorry about that!

1 Like

This is the right place — not sure how that other URL even leaked out. That was just the temporary site.

I got it from your own message: It's time to update the main Fedora website! - #14 by mattdm.

Oh! It looks like messages had their URLs re-written when they were moved to the staging site, but not put back when they were restored here. I’ll ask Discourse to fix it. Thanks for letting me know!

1 Like

@theevilskeleton Thanks again for bringing this to my attention. I edited your post on the websites thread to remove the “bad” link, and moved our little conversation about it here so it doesn’t distract from that thread.

1 Like

That links to the staging Discourse, somehow

@salimma Yes :frowning:

See above.

I could do something to search and replace them, but if I do that, it’ll cause all of the posts to get bumped and show as edited. So I need DIscourse to do that. WIth the New Year holiday, I won’t be surprised if it takes a little while … I should have caught this on Thursday or Friday, but… oh well.

1 Like

This is now resolved. Thanks to Discourse support for fixing it on a weekend!