Where's Matthew this week (an experiment in Fedora Project Leader visibilty...)

Hi everyone! I’ve been FPL for a while now, and one difficulty I still have is being pulled between internal RH stuff [1] and being active and visible in Fedora itself. Sometimes I jump back and forth based on what’s most on fire, but that’s far from ideal. I’m working on keeping the balance. And, as part of that, I’m going to try an experiment of posting what I’m expecting for each week at a high level to this thread, every Monday. [2]

Feel free to comment or ask questions or tell me I’m missing something.

Oh, and I have a question for you: I can set the topic to delete older replies, because it’s meant to be more of a “what’s up right now” thing than a history. But if anyone thinks I should leave that off so posts accumulate, let me know!

1. Fedora advocacy, keeping people and processes connected, etc., as well as training, mentoring, meetings, and other regular aspects of a job ↩︎

2. ADHD makes keeping to routines like this extra difficult for me, so… may not be perfect. But let’s see how it goes. ↩︎

8 Likes

Happy Valentine’s Day to me from a positive Covid test!

Based on the timing, looks like it’s probably from the plane ride back from Amsterdam — I wore a mask in the airport and on the plane except for eating (when the air circulation should be pretty good), but… who knows.

I’m not feeling terrible right now, so that’s good at least — we’ll see how it goes and I may be around some, or sleeping.

Take a look at Data on COVID-19 and Mpox Wastewater Monitoring | Biobot Analytics, everyone — in the US at least, this is the highest level monitoring has ever seen in January. Be careful out there!

6 Likes

This week: mostly recovered from Covid, but still low energy. Focus will be on these things:

• Trying to catch up on everything!
  • Reporting from the Council F2F, and next steps with strategy2028
  • Whatever turns out to be on fire. :classic_smiley:
5 Likes

Okay, update for this week:

• Monday: feeling mostly recovered from Covid, although I still get tired easily. Going to declare bankrupcy on mailing lists and forum posts I’ve missed – if there’s anything important I’ve neglected in an area important to you, feel free to ping me.
  • Tuesday: some strategy2028 writing from the Council F2F, plus a bunch of meetings
  • Wednesday: travel to SCALE. Hopefully there will be wifi on the plane!
  • Thursday–Sunday: at SCALE. See you there? I’m taking part in a panel on Saturday, Where does the Linux desktop go from here?
2 Likes

Woot!