Where is FreeMind?

Hi, tried to install FreeMind with:

dnf install freemind

Following the Fedora Magazine guide, but show me an alert saying don’t exist.

What happen?, How can install?

Sadly the package seems to have been orphaned: Overview - rpms/freemind - src.fedoraproject.org

1 Like

I also had problems following the article about “Powerline” in the Fedora Magazine

The problem is that there is no easy way to contact the author nor to add a comment as the comments get closed after some time.

So more and more “dead articles” accumulate and confuse those who want to try out what is described.

There should be some “life cycle” management of articles - maybe mark them as outdated or so.

1 Like

There should be some “life cycle” management of articles - maybe mark them as outdated or so.

That’s a good idea. I don’t know how much the Magazine editorial team watches this forum, I’ll send a message to their mailing list with your suggestion and see what they come up with.

2 Likes

Not entirely relevant to the current topic, but for powerline fonts, you could try finding a patched copy of your preferred monospace font in the Nerd Fonts repo or patch it yourself: GitHub - ryanoasis/nerd-fonts: Iconic font aggregator, collection, & patcher. 3,600+ icons, 50+ patched fonts: Hack, Source Code Pro, more. Glyph collections: Font Awesome, Material Design Icons, Octicons, & more

Thank you for the link!

For the moment, I am ok-ish with Powerline, as I managed to get it work - once for Fedora 28 and again for Fedora 29, when it was broke due to the Python 3.6 → Python 3.7 update ( sudo dnf install beautiful-problems | Jürgen Gmach ).

Generarlly, I do not like to use outdated software.

I had a look for alternatives (maybe powerline-go or even zsh… There is no hurry.

There is a alternativa for freemind is call It freeplane an is up-to-date

you can download it, move to /opt directory and generate a desktop entry for Gnome…

Regards.,

1 Like