What is the name of the app that integrates AppImage into the system?

Fedora32 comes with an application by default to integrate the AppImage format package into the system, what is the name of this application (or service)?

I would like to disable the service and create it myself manually.
thanksšŸ«‚!

1 Like
2 Likes

I read this wiki page before I asked the question. I want to knowļ¼š
Fedora 32 already includes a service that integrates with Appimage, I would like to know the name of this service or application.

1 Like

Thereā€™s no specific service as far as I know.
Could it be you are mixing AppImage with Flatpak?

2 Likes

I found the service once, but forgot to record it.
There are a couple of AppImage packages on my computer, Iā€™ve manually customized the .desktop file and itā€™s still being taken over by this service.
Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Perhaps something like this:

2 Likes

you mean appimage launcher? GitHub - TheAssassin/AppImageLauncher: Helper application for Linux distributions serving as a kind of "entry point" for running and integrating AppImages

3 Likes

Yes, there may be a program similar to appimaged or AppImageLauncher in Fedora32.
I havenā€™t installed either appimaged or AppImageLauncher. even created the .desktop file by manually, the Zenity dialog box pops up as shown above.
Clicking ā€œYā€, a .desktop file is automatically created in ā€˜~/.local/share/applicationsā€™ .(not all AppImages will pop up this dialog.)

1 Like

That is performed by the AppImage file itself.
Whether this feature is present or not depends on the packager.
If a particular AppImage relies on zenity, you need to install it manually.

3 Likes

Gosh, I see! Looks like I really am a big dumbass.
I checked the list of services several times yesterday and I just didnā€™t find anything.
Thank you for your patience and time @vgaetera,
and thank you so much @imieeet.
:100: :clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.