Unable to find a match: xorg-x11-drv-nvidia

I install RPM fusion from Configuration - RPM Fusion, check for install nvidia driver via sudo dnf install akmod-nvidia xorg-x11-drv-nvidia xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs.i686.

But response :

javad@dhcppc5 ~ sudo dnf install akmod-nvidia xorg-x11-drv-nvidia xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs.i686 
Last metadata expiration check: 0:02:58 ago on Tue 19 Oct 2021 06:11:08 PM +0330.
All matches were filtered out by modular filtering for argument: xorg-x11-drv-nvidia
Error: Unable to find a match: xorg-x11-drv-nvidia
 ✘ javad@dhcppc5 ~ uname -a
Linux dhcppc5 5.14.12-200.fc34.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Oct 13 14:16:18 UTC 2021 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I check build history RPM fusion : xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-470.74-1.fc34 | Build Info | koji

Do you have both the RPM Fusion repositories installed, as documented on the configuration page?

https://rpmfusion.org/Configuration

What does

sudo dnf repolist

give you?

I have run into similar issues with the modular repos.
What I have used as a work around with a new install is to immediately use dnf to disable both the fedora-modular and updates-modular repos then I do not get the modular filtering issues you see.

I use “sudo dnf repolist” to see what repos are enabled. On a new install (or a system where you have not disabled them) you will see both fedora-modular and updates-modular listed. Then the command

sudo dnf config-manager --disable fedora-modular updates-modular

will disable both (but they can still be used with a --enable-repo=<reponame> when you want them)

Rather than installing things using modules I install exactly what I choose and so far, and for several years, I have had no issues. I also do not get the modular filtering message at any time.

1 Like

Ah, yeh, I hadn’t noticed the “modular filtering” line there.

I seem to remember that the nvidia repos (not from RPM Fusion) provide a module now that filters out some stuff from RPM Fusion, so checking modules to see what is causing this to be filtered out would certainly be the first step here.

sudo dnf module list
repo id                                       repo name
anydesk                                       AnyDesk Fedora - stable
code                                          Visual Studio Code
copr:copr.fedorainfracloud.org:zhullyb:v2rayA Copr repo for v2rayA owned by zhullyb
cuda-fedora34-x86_64                          cuda-fedora34-x86_64
docker-ce-stable                              Docker CE Stable - x86_64
fedora                                        Fedora 34 - x86_64
fedora-cisco-openh264                         Fedora 34 openh264 (From Cisco) - x86_64
fedora-modular                                Fedora Modular 34 - x86_64
google-chrome                                 google-chrome
goreleaser                                    GoReleaser
home_zzndb_Qv2ray                             Project for Qv2ray{,-preview} (Fedora_34)
rpmfusion-free                                RPM Fusion for Fedora 34 - Free
rpmfusion-free-updates                        RPM Fusion for Fedora 34 - Free - Updates
rpmfusion-nonfree                             RPM Fusion for Fedora 34 - Nonfree
rpmfusion-nonfree-updates                     RPM Fusion for Fedora 34 - Nonfree - Updates
updates                                       Fedora 34 - x86_64 - Updates
updates-modular                               Fedora Modular 34 - x86_64 - Updates

@ankursinha please check this :slight_smile:

Name                   Stream             Profiles Summary                      
nvidia-driver          latest             default  Nvidia driver for latest bran
                                          [d], fm, ch                           
                                           ks, src                              
nvidia-driver          latest-dkms [d][e] default  Nvidia driver for latest-dkms
                                          [d], fm,  branch                      
                                           ks                                   
nvidia-driver          470                default  Nvidia driver for 470 branch 
                                          [d], fm,                              
                                           ks, src                              
nvidia-driver          470-dkms           default  Nvidia driver for 470-dkms br
                                          [d], fm, anch                         
                                           ks         
1 Like

This explains it. The nvidia-driver module that Nvidia provides excludes various RPM Fusion packages.

Why are you using these repositories? The RPM Fusion repositories should be enough? One cannot mix the packages that RPM Fusion provides with stuff from Nvidia. So I’d suggest removing all of these Nvidia modules. They must at least be disabled for the RPM Fusion packages to work.

@ankursinha

I try for this tutorial for install my laptop driver

but now not find xorg-x11-drv-nvidia!

No, that’s not the only steps you’ve followed though. The docs do not require installing the repositories from Nvidia which provide these modules. What other tutorials have you followed? How did you get the cuda repo installed, for example?

Based on the RPM Fusion documentation, this should disable your nvidia module and allow the use of RPM Fusion packages:

sudo dnf module disable nvidia-driver

https://rpmfusion.org/Howto/CUDA

As the document says, RPM Fusion packages and the ones provided by Nvidia conflict. You cannot mix the two.

2 Likes

I would also disable the cuda-fedora34-x86_64 repo and remove the cuda packages installed from there.

Cuda is installed and fully functional by installing the xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-cuda* packages from rpmfusion

There are also some conflicts seen between the the cuda repo and rpmfusion in that area.