Software update, failed to parse PKI file

I can’t update packages in the Software manager. Getting this error failed to parse PKI file /var/cache/PackageKit/39/metadata/rpmfusion-free-updates-39-x86_64/RPM-GPG-KEY-rpmfusion-free-fedora-39.

Screenshot from 2024-01-27 17-59-57

How can this be resolved?

Update with dnf on the command line which should manage updating the keys.

Perfect. Thank you!

1 Like

So I guess we can continuing here … I did remove the GPG Key manually and made an update with dnf. It not got downloaded again.

I guess you have to install something from rpm-free first that you get a new certificate.

Is there a list of rpm fusion free packages?

sudo dnf list | grep @rpmfusion-

As far I made the following:

Checking keys with ls /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/ |grep @rpmfusion-

and imported it with rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-rpmfusion-free-fedora-39

Above you find the link to Linux tutorials where I took the info from.

On the top of the Topic I see that you got a message to download the key, did you do that?

I guess dnf will not update PakageKit cache right?

I did
sudo dnf list | grep @rpmfusion-
It got me a list of packages. I reinstalled one of them. It went smoothly, but the key issue remained.

I did
ls /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/ |grep @rpmfusion-
It didn’t list anything. But I still did rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-rpmfusion-free-fedora-39, because I saw that key file is there. After this the issue still remains.

Yes. It does nothing. The same alert reappears right away.

It is strange, I was removing and reinstalling some apps from rpmfusion-fre with the Software app in Gnome. But also, the file I deleted on the path you are saying not gets recreated?!

p.s.
At least I not get the error as you.

Added package-maintainers

Removed package-maintainers

But I still cannot use the software center. If I try to install packages, via update or an .rpm file locally, I get the same error which simply does not allow me to install anything via GUI.

How can I fix this?

It seems that the same file (RPM-GPG-KEY-rpmfusion-free-fedora-39) is present in 2 places.
On F39 here:

% ls -l $(locate RPM-GPG-KEY-rpmfusion-free-fedora-39)
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 38 Nov  2 21:00 /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-rpmfusion-free-fedora-39 -> RPM-GPG-KEY-rpmfusion-free-fedora-2020
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 38 Jan  8 20:00 /usr/share/distribution-gpg-keys/rpmfusion/RPM-GPG-KEY-rpmfusion-free-fedora-39 -> RPM-GPG-KEY-rpmfusion-free-fedora-2020
% ls -l $(locate RPM-GPG-KEY-rpmfusion-free-fedora-2020)
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 1704 Nov  2 21:00 /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-rpmfusion-free-fedora-2020
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 1704 Jan  8 20:00 /usr/share/distribution-gpg-keys/rpmfusion/RPM-GPG-KEY-rpmfusion-free-fedora-2020
% cmp $(locate RPM-GPG-KEY-rpmfusion-free-fedora-2020) 
% [no news is good news]

rpmfusion keys provides details needed check the keys, but refers us to a dangling link: “For more details regarding signing and verifying rpm keys see the documentation that the Fedora projects provides”.

@ilikelinux
Alright. So after some time the issue has gone. Seems like the steps I did helped after all.