Self-Introduction - Jeff Choi

Greetings and salutations! I am a brand new contributor to fedora magazine and am very excited to be writing articles. I am a software tester at a medical device company looking to expand my skills and break into technical writing. I have experience in full-stack web development and am continuing my studies in coding with python next. Please to meet you all!

11 Likes

Welcome, we’d love to have you here!

If it helps, you can find the Fedora Magazine documentation at Fedora Magazine :: Fedora Docs.

If you have an interesting article to write about, feel free to create a new post. An editor will assign themselves to review the article.

Otherwise, you can take a look at #magazine, comment and ask if you can be assigned to write the article that interests you. Once again, an editor will review the article later.

2 Likes

Welcome Jeff. We are looking forward to your contributions. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This is great! Congratulations on your contribution! I was wondering if we could have a chat about this? Please let me know.

Thanks

1 Like

@gpoy92 Wellcome to the Fedora community forum. I am looking forward to seeing your articles. I am a fan of medical devices, especially portable consumer devices. If you don’t mind, which kind of medical device are you working for? What are interesting medical devices for you?

I help test software for diabetes pumps! It’s not particularly medical devices I was interested it but, the aspect of software testing. I really enjoy thinking up test cases to validate the software we use!

Thank you for your email! I am a cybersecurity journalist and writer. I mainly write about cybersecurity issues, AI, DevOps, cloud security, network security and etc. I wanted to ask you about thr process of article submission. How did you manage to achieve that because I am unable to do so despite being part of the community

If you got to the following board, look at the following link:
https://pagure.io/fedora-magazine-newsroom/boards/articles

Look for anything in the ideas category that has not been assigned and comment asking to write the article.

@shigraf: I don’t see any article proposals from you (posts by shigraf). If you want to write an article for Fedora Magazine, the first step is to propose a topic. Thanks!

Edit: Or, like Jeffery said, you can pick a topic that has already been proposed but no one has offered to write. That works too. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you so much for letting me know! I’ll get back with an article soon.

That’s cool. Is it like an insulin pump with the device monitoring the glucose level in the blood? Is the software for real-time Continues Glucose Management (CGM)? I found that measuring the glucose level and the trend of the level with the relation of the foods was really interesting.

Welcome aboard.