Positive feedback

I must admit,… I had some doubts about this site. I never liked forum sites: too confusing and distracting, bad ux, bad look.
Using this one I can admit that it is nice and functional.
Another fact is that it works pretty well also on mobile. And email notifications works as well.
Thanks.

8 Likes

yea I can agree to you. Forum sites may be sometimes confusing or the discussion are without facts and emotinal.
In this forum, it is a good atmosphere, respect.

3 Likes

Thank you for the feedback!

3 Likes

Yeah - I like the user experience of this forum site. What’s under the hood?

4 Likes

It’s Discourse from https://www.discourse.org - open source, responsive, great features and support.

3 Likes

I find this to be one of the better designed forums I have signed onto, very clean look, easy to find things. Certainly well done.

2 Likes

This is a fantastic idea and should replace all the mailing lists to bring that type of communication into the 21st century. I can’t think of a reason why discourse would not be a perfect replacement. It’s easier to organize topics, rss feeds, email notifications and bookmarks are available. Not to mention you can edit posts (which I just did to correct an error - you can’t do that with email).

Very pleased and excited that Fedora is looking into this.

5 Likes

I totally second that. :+1:

This forum is really great! I mean, discourse is great, in general. :smile:

4 Likes

Currently, we do not have the ability to create threads on Discourse by email.
I would have to visit that horrible web interface, currently, to create a
thread. One of the many reasons I have not created any threads since the day I
made this account. Additionally, the emails sent by Discourse have terrible
formatting, to the point that I sometimes have to convert these weird emote
things and [quote] nonsense to plaintext.

Email is definitely for the “21st century”, many of the specifications
defining current email were created around 2005-2008. Additionally, there’s
that weird web interface thing the Fedora folks made if you really want a web
interface for email. It looks “modern” and web-like.

1 Like

AFAIK this is however possible in Discourse, so maybe there is just some setup missing. :smile:

As for your other criticism I cannot really follow it without having the exact points you do not like. IMHO, it works great and you can still use mail. If you want to use the plaintext version do so, I guess they deliver that fallback.

2 Likes