On installing Sound Open Firmware in Fedora 33

Hi all, I’ve been trying to troubleshoot non-functional speakers and a microphone after recently installing Fedora.

This bug report seems to suggest that the problem is that I need SOF (sofproject.org), and a developer was commenting that it isn’t currently supported. Then the user suggested that they could roll their own kernel and enable support for SOF nonetheless.

Has this problem already been addressed in fedora 33? If not, I think I can roll my own kernel, but how to I enable support for SOF? I’ve already tried messing with a bunch of stuff, including downloading a more recent copy of alsa-lib from the fedora rawhide kernel. Any help would be appreciated.

We would need a lot more info to even guess at the issue.
Which audio hardware? “lspci -nnvv” output
Which fedora version?
Which DE? Gnome? KDE? or ?
Have you tried the gnome settings->sound control panel to see what devices are seen there.?

I am using F33 and had no problems at all with audio. My headset is turtle beach with USB connection. My new motherboard was installed yesterday and I have not yet tried the onboard audio but lspci sees it as
0a:00.4 Audio device [0403]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Starship/Matisse HD Audio