Nvidia-DRM driver issue

Hello! I’m not sure if this problem is appropriate for this forum, but I don’t know where else to turn since a Google search didn’t help. I downloaded the game Spore (not the only game that had this problem) which uses Wine. When I launch I get this log:

========================================================================
Game: SPORE
Version: 3.1.0.22
Wine: wine-5.12-1170-g2117f849363
DXVK: enabled

wineserver: using server-side synchronization.
DRM kernel driver ‘nvidia-drm’ in use. NVK requires nouveau.
X Error of failed request: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
Major opcode of failed request: 149 ()
Minor opcode of failed request: 4
Serial number of failed request: 354
Current serial number in output stream: 364

Fedora KDE 40 / Nvidia graphics card (rtx 4070).
How can i solve this problem? I dont know which driver i should use as daily driver. Should i switch to nouveau or what? If yes, how? Thanks.

dk@fedora:~$ lsmod | grep nvidia
nvidia_drm 131072 45
nvidia_modeset 1605632 97 nvidia_drm
nvidia_uvm 6787072 2
nvidia 60518400 1531 nvidia_uvm,nvidia_modeset
video 77824 3 xe,i915,nvidia_modeset

You should stay with the nvidia driver.
I cannot assist with the game, but it would certainly be difficult to switch to nouveau since as far as I can tell nouveau does not properly support the nvidia 4000 series gpus yet. As a minimum you would lose all hardware acceleration of graphics by switching back to nouveau, as well as other problems.

Remember that wine is not the same as using windows native. Steam may be able to run that game. Have you tried that instead of wine?

Unfortunately, I can’t find Spore in the list of games on Steam. Maybe there is no native support for it on Linux.

Steam does allow installing some non-steam games. Maybe spore is one of those.

Most likely not a native to linux game since you are trying to run it with wine.