Microphone constantly disconnects and reconnects

Trying to talk to a friend on Discord. My microphone constantly connects and disconnects for no reason… I know for a fact its not hardware related issue because under my Windows partition it does not happen…

When it disconnects, my friend says he can hear himself.
I’m new to Linux so i have no idea what to do, didn’t try anything except of Google searching…

My guess would be that it is the powersave functions being a bit too aggressive and putting the sound card into a low-power mode when it thinks there is no sound being transmitted. But that is just a guess. I’d try setting the powersave settings to “performance”.

I’ve never had this problem, but out of curiosity, I just googled it and I found this:

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Power_management/Soundcard

My sound card does have power saving enabled:

[/home/gregory]$ cat /sys/module/snd_hda_intel/parameters/power_save_controller 
Y

And the timeout is set to 1 second.

[/home/gregory]$ cat /sys/module/snd_hda_intel/parameters/power_save

If you want to temporarily disable power saving for just your sound card, you could do something like the following.

[/home/gregory]$ echo N | sudo tee /sys/module/snd_hda_intel/parameters/power_save_controller
N
[/home/gregory]$ cat /sys/module/snd_hda_intel/parameters/power_save_controller 
N

The N value should then stick until you reboot.

P.S. If you have a different model sound card, you will need to change snd_hda_intel accordingly (lsmod might provide a clue as to what the name of your sound driver is).