Keyboard Layout Issue in Fedora Linux 39 with Gnome Desktop: Indicator Not Responding to Language Switching

Hello, I’m using Fedora Linux 39 (Workstation Edition) with the Gnome desktop environment and X11. The issue lies with the keyboard layout. I configured switching to Ctrl+Shift in dconf. Now the Gnome keyboard layout indicator doesn’t respond to language switching, and even removing all layouts in the settings menu doesn’t change anything. If I also set switching to Ctrl+Shift using Gnome Tweaks, the indicator works, but keyboard shortcuts stop working for non-English layouts. Please help

It sounds like you’re experiencing some issues with keyboard layout configuration in Fedora 39 with the Gnome desktop environment.

Reset Keyboard Settings : First, let’s try resetting your keyboard settings to their default values. You can do this by running the following commands in the terminal:

gsettings reset org.gnome.desktop.input-sources xkb-options

This command will reset any custom keyboard layout options you’ve set.

If the issue persists, you can try resetting the dconf configuration related to keyboard layout settings. Open a terminal and run the following commands:

dconf reset -f /org/gnome/desktop/input-sources/
1 Like

Thanks, that helped me to partially solve the problem for Silverblue 40,
now I can switch the layouts with Super+Space at least.

Still, xkb-options set with gnome-tweaks apparently just have no effect, so I can’t set e.g. Caps key for the switching.

Any ideas?