Installer USB doesn't boot

I flashed the server image to a usb. After booting it shows:

### Anaconda installer errors begin ###
It seems that the boot has failed. Possible causes include missing int.stage2 or inst.repo boot parameters on the kernel cmdline. Pleae verify that you have specified inst.stag2 or inst.repo.
Please also note that the 'inst.' prefix is now mandatory.
### Instaler errors encountered during boot: ###
Reason unknown
### Anaconda intaller errors end ###
Warning: Could not boot.

I’m now in the Dracut emergency shell.

Lets start at the beginning.
What file was “flashed” to the usb device?
What tool was used to “flash” it?
What OS was running on the machine where it was “flashed”?

is this first boot after the install? or just booting from the USB?
What system is in use? PC, laptop, tablet? What architecture? x86_64, arm?

I used the fedora media writer where I selected server.

The OS I used to flash it was fedora (KDE).

I was just booting from USB.

The machine is an old x86_64 PC. I can’t look up the model numbers, because I don’t have an OS on it.

Old machines with no OS should be approached with caution. The “BIOS” should have some details, and needs to be scanned for inappropriate settings or just reset to defaults.

I would then run memtest86+. No point wasting time trying to install an OS on a machine that isn’t fully functional.

It runned fedora workstation before. Because the BIOS doesn’t work with my 4K monitor, I deleted /boot, so that it defaults to the USB stick. The computer is functional. I think, the problem must be within fedora server.

So previous Fedora Workstation used a different monitor? Are you using a headless install Fedora Server Interactive Remote Installation or the non-working monitor?

Can you try booting the Fedora Server USB with a different monitor or configure the monitor to a lower resolution?

The BIOS doesn’t work with the monitor. As soon as fedora starts, everything is displayed correctly.