Include updates from Ask Fedora on start.fedoraproject.org?

Just an idea I thought may be worth discussing here.

Is it worth looking into adding a section on “Latest activity from Ask Fedora” on start.fedoraproject.org (and perhaps other websites like the planet?)

Discourse does provide the option to allow embedding into other web-sites IIRC.

3 Likes

I would rarely see it, but it does sound like a good way to alert new users that this site exists as a resource for them.

1 Like

Not only.
Maybe also seasoned users could randomly see a compelling question and they may be eticed to answer, and maybe in the future keep an eye to the questions and be more active in helping other people.

1 Like

I think that is a good idea. Not only for the reasons @alciregi mentioned, but also because anything that consistently shows recent activity to visitors is generally good for making them check that thing out.

2 Likes

This is a great idea.

I have an idea to throw out there: what if we made it a feed of solved issues? That way, a random user looking at it isn’t just seeing a bunch of problems, but actually things that have answers that might be helpful to them too.

2 Likes

I think an “eye-catcher” like suggested is a very good idea to find faster what somebody/new user wants to find.

2 Likes

I’m just dropping this link here for future reference:

3 Likes