How different are the version of firefox available on repo and the official webpage?

I’m asking this because I have this ‘problems’ but don’t know how to debug to try to make the report.

• Some webpages don’t work Problem with Firefox 92.0 (64-bit) and unsplash
  • Some video teleconferencing services:
    • Crash when I or anyone share the screen or after someone shares screen.
    • If no crash when other people share screen the video is too slow, like 1 frame per 10 minutes.
    • At beginning I’ve think that this could be a driver problem so i asked this Why AMD driver crash? but no get a answer.

Almost all of this problems are solve if I use the version from firefox webpage, does the repo version of firefox is in some strange way optimized for gnome and wayland rather than kde with x11?

System info:

Operating System: Fedora Linux 35
KDE Plasma Version: 5.23.3
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.88.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.15.6-200.fc35.x86_64 (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 8 × AMD Ryzen 5 2500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx
Memory: 15.3 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics

That’s probably only something the Fedora Firefox maintainers can answer in detail, unfortunately.

The spec file for the Fedora build is here, so you can see what modifications/patches are used in our builds:

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/firefox/blob/rawhide/f/firefox.spec

(I don’t know where to look for the upstream Firefox build information)

(If you’re having issues with the package in Fedora, it’s best to file a bug if you haven’t already so the maintainers can investigate. We can discuss bits here on the forum, but the maintainers don’t necessarily monitor forums.)