Generating ssh key

hello everyone here, i need help on how to upload a ssh key because i followed the procedures but when ever i try to push something on fedora it pops an error 403.

yet i added the ssh key as told in the documentation guide but still i have no access and i want to create a pull request since i was assigned a ticket and i worked on it . The ticket required me to push the code to the upstream [[[i have made changes to different page titles by saidatnanjuki · Pull Request #48 · happinesspackets/happinesspackets · GitHub]]] and i did so , then i was also told to create the pull request to fedora happiness-packets but it refuse anyone to help me out.

here are the steps i followed while doing it
1.) I clicked on my user icon and went to settings

2.) i clicked on ssh key because in the guide they told us to click on authentication and upload, but i didnt see it i saw ssh key on the menu clicked and i added it

3.) I also saw API key i created it

4.) After that when i click on the clone button it displays this

But still when i try pushing a code i get an error 403, am stuck and very confused.
i need help because i have other issues(tickets) to work upon but i cant push codes because of the ssh key

Hello everyone here, i have finally pushed my code to fedora [[ https://pagure.io/fedora-commops/fedora-happiness-packets/pull-request/170]]]] and created a pull request though i had to struggle but finally i got solution to my problem. here are the steps i followed:

1. I created an ssh key and added it to ssh-agent.
    2). I added my public key to my git account . After that i added the same ssh key to my forked repository of fedora, and finally changed my url from the “http url” to “ssh-url” and this can be done in two ways either you do it manually by editting the .gitconfig or use git remote set url “ssh-url”.
    3.)Then committed my code and pushed it, but it asks for the password to provide access to the private key since you added it to ssh-agent. you have to enter the right password but for my sake i used “ssh-agent”
    That’s how i managed to do it . for more use can visit [[[[Connecting to GitHub with SSH - GitHub Docs]]]].

@saidat It looks like you are using the wrong git URL for your repository. You cloned the repo over HTTPS instead of SSH. You need to use the source code with SSH for your SSH key to work. You can do one of the following:

1. Re-clone the repo using SSH URL
  2. Change the git remote inside of the repo you already cloned (git remote set-url origin <SSH URL>)

Try doing that and see if you have any luck?

i have changed git remote to the one for ssh url but it has given me this

even when i re-clone i get this

Hi @saidat, please edit your last post in the thread instead of replying again. Each time you reply it sends a new email. It’s easier to keep up if you only reply once at a time. Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

As for your issue, the SSH key uploaded to Pagure and the SSH key you are using are different. Your git client doesn’t seem to have your SSH key loaded. I’m not sure how this works with git on Windows. I suggest searching for how to use an SSH key with git on Windows. This should guide you to finding a solution.

I would appreciate it if, instead of editing your last post in the thread, you
continue to create new posts. It is impossible for me, and surely for other
users, to follow this thread without that, as we will not be informed of any
changes in the thread by email otherwise, and would have to actively visit
Pagure and check for updates.

I am following this by email, so I apologize if either your post or Justin’s
last post were edited to include the solution, but you will need to ensure
that your SSH keys were created in the MinGW environment, and ensure that they
are available to your ssh agent, before using MinGW to contribute.