Originally published at: Friday's Fedora Facts: 2021-48 – Fedora Community Blog
Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)!
Fedora Linux 33 reached end of life on Tuesday. The F35 retrospective survey is open through 4 December.
I have weekly office hours on Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time) in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
- F35 elections voting is underway.
- Fedora Linux 33 reached end of life on Tuesday 30 November.
- The Taiga instance on teams.fedoraproject.org will be retired on 17 December.
- Red Hat is hiring a software engineer to work on Toolbx.
- The Anaconda upstream mailing list is moving. You will need to resubscribe on the new list.
- EPEL 9 is now available
|CentOS Dojo @ FOSDEM||virtual||3–4 Feb||[closes 9 Jan](https://forms.gle/mwEUJ65xYYsCUnYo6|
|Red Hat Summit||TBD||late spring||closes 5 Jan|
- 323 package review requests are awaiting a reviewer
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
- What worked well—and what didn’t—during the F35 release cycle? Let me know in the retrospective survey by 4 December.
- jjames is looking for maintainers to take over mathematical packages.
See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday and 2000 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Council meeting — 1700 UTC Thursday in #fedora-meeting
- Fedora Social Hour — 2300 UTC Thursday in #social on Fedora.im
Fedora Linux 35
- 2021-11-26 — Voting begins
- 2021-12-09 — Voting ends
- 2021-12-10 — Results announced
Fedora Linux 36
|Package information on ELF objects||System-Wide||FESCo #2687|
|Unit Names in Systemd Messages||Self-Contained||Approved|
|Remove Wire Extensions Support||Self-Contained||Approved|
|ostree native containers / CoreOS layering||System-Wide||FESCo #2704|
|Plocate as the default locate implementation||Self-Contained||FESCo #2705|
|PostgreSQL 14||Self-Contained||FESCo #2706|
|Users are administrators by default in the installer GUI.||Self-Contained||Announced|
|Enable fs-verity in RPM||System-Wide||Announced|
|Switch GnuTLS to allowlisting||System-Wide||Announced|
Fedora Linux 37
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.