Originally published at: Friday's Fedora Facts: 2021-47 – Fedora Community Blog
Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)!
Fedora Linux 33 will reach end of life on Tuesday 30 November. The F35 retrospective survey is open through 4 December.
I have weekly office hours on Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time) in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
- F35 elections voting is underway.
- Fedora Linux 33 reaches end of life on Tuesday 30 November.
- The Taiga instance on teams.fedoraproject.org will be retired on 17 December.
- Red Hat is hiring a software engineer to work on Toolbx.
|SCaLE||Pasadena, CA, US||5–8 Mar||closes 30 Nov|
- 319 package review requests are awaiting a reviewer
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
- The Fedora CoreOS team wants your feedback. Please take their short communication survey.
- What worked well—and what didn’t—during the F35 release cycle? Let me know in the retrospective survey by 4 December.
- jjames is looking for maintainers to take over mathematical packages.
Upcoming test days
The call for F36 Test Days is open.
See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday and 2000 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Prioritized bugs meeting — 1500 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Fedora Social Hour — 1400 UTC Thursday in #social on Fedora.im
Fedora Linux 35
- 2021-11-26 — Voting begins
- 2021-12-09 — Voting ends
- 2021-12-10 — Results announced
Fedora Linux 36
|Package information on ELF objects||System-Wide||FESCo #2687|
|Unit Names in Systemd Messages||Self-Contained||FESCo #2701|
|Remove Wire Extensions Support||Self-Contained||FESCo #2702|
|ostree native containers / CoreOS layering||System-Wide||Announced|
|Plocate as the default locate implementation||Self-Contained Change||Announced|
Fedora Linux 37
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.