Originally published at: Friday's Fedora Facts: 2021-44 – Fedora Community Blog
Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)!
I have weekly office hours on Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time) in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
- Summer time is changing in various locations.
- Nominations are open for the F35 elections
- Registration is open for the F35 Release Party.
- Fedora Linux 33 reaches end of life on Tuesday 30 November.
- The Taiga instance on teams.fedoraproject.org will be retired on 17 December.
|SCaLE||Pasadena, CA, US||5–8 Mar||closes 30 Nov|
See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday and 2000 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Council meeting — 1700 UTC Thursday in #fedora-meeting
- Fedora Social Hour — 2300 UTC Thursday in #social on Fedora.im
Fedora Linux 35
- 2021-11-03 — Nomination period opens
- 2021-11-17 — Nomination period ends
- 2021-11-17 — Interview period begins
- 2021-11-24 — Interview period ends
- 2021-11-26 — Voting begins
- 2021-12-09 — Voting ends
- 2021-12-10 — Results announced
Fedora Linux 36
|Enforce Authselect Configuration Consistency||System-Wide||Approved|
|OpenLDAP 2.5||System-Wide||FESCo #2682|
|Drop NIS(+) support from PAM||System-Wide||FESCo #2684|
|Retire the NIS(+) user-space utility programs||System-Wide||FESCo #2685|
|Package information on ELF objects||System-Wide||FESCo #2687|
|Replace the fbdev drivers with simpledrm and the DRM fbdev emulation layer||System-Wide||FESCo #2689|
|Rubygem Cucumber 7.1.0||Self-Contained||FESCo #2690|
|Stratis 3.0.0||Self-Contained||FESCo #2691|
|Remove .la files from buildroot||Self-Contained||Announced|
|java-17-openjdk as system JDK in F36||System-Wide||Announced|
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.