Font get's blurry on multi displays, is it a known bug?

Hello!

I would enter a bug report, but first I’d like to know if it’s an already known bug (and also what would be the place place to enter the issue, if need be).

So here’s my situation, I have two displays: the one of the left is 4K 16:9, the one on the right is a 3440x1440 21:9. Thanks to Wayland, I can scale the 4K display at 200%, otherwise it is extremely small.

All is fine and dandy, until I start to snap windows onto the left edge of my right display: the fonts start to be blurry (it’s like their height are reduced by 1px).

Here is an example with the Firefox window I’m using right now:

I aligned the images and made a gif so that it’s easier to see the differences:
blurry_fonts

You can especially see it on the text “Les plus visités”. It seems like not a big problem, but the whole texts being a bit more blurry is incredibly distracting.

So, is it a well-known bug? If it isn’t could you kindly point me to the appropriate bug tracker and project component I should select?

Thank you!

Maybe start with Gnome issue tracker first at https://gitlab.gnome.org/groups/GNOME/-/issues?scope=all&state=opened&search=blurry+fonts. I think there is one there regarding blurry fonts.

1 Like

Thank you! this is indeed the exact same issue: Rendering difference on the edge of the screen when using side-by-side screens with different scale (#1624) · Issues · GNOME / mutter · GitLab

1 Like